A nice cup of tea is a beautiful thing and here at La Reserva Club, we offer our discerning clients the best organic teas in our restaurants. We particularly love the alveus range, the world’s largest assortment of premium organic teas. There’s something for every occasion and taste!
But did you know, that not only does tea taste great, but it has also been proven to be good for you?
Studies have found that some teas may help with cancer, heart disease, and diabetes; encourage weight loss; lower cholesterol; and bring about mental alertness. Tea also appears to have antimicrobial qualities. According to Vanessa Bianconi from the University of Perugia, tea drinking can be considered as “an overall health-promoting lifestyle behaviour”.
Brilliant news and a great excuse for a brew. So, pour yourself a cuppa and let us tell you why!
- Tea contains antioxidants which may help against free radicals that can contribute to cancer, heart disease and clogged arteries
- Tea is anti-inflammatory which has a range of benefits for your overall health including inflammatory bowel disease
- It can increase calorie expenditure helping with weight loss
- It reduces risk of cardiovascular death as it helps with hypertension and weight loss and the polyphenols are also good for the heart
- It lowers blood pressure and so could reduce the risk of stroke
- It can improve insulin sensitivity, therefore reducing complications from diabetes
- It can boost memory, increase attention span and even lower the risk of getting Alzheimer’s
- It can improve oral health thanks to the fluoride and how it improves bacterial populations in the mouth
- It is as hydrating as drinking water, so counts towards your 8 glasses a day
- It can improve gut health
All teas seem to be good for your health, but if you’re looking for the maximum benefits, green tea is recommended. Drinking between three to six cups of tea per day could help you improve your health and is a lovely way to relax and unwind, as well as hydrate. There’s definitely something comforting about wrapping your hands around a hot cup, breathing deeply and taking a moment to disconnect.
There are so many incredible teas to choose from that there’s definitely no need to get bored. In the alveus range for example they offer fruit teas with exotic flavours including Blackberry Tango, Sweet Berry and Mellow Mandarin. They have Earl Grey, Assam, Sencha and oolong teas, as part of their Next-level rarities collection and Ice Tea for those hot summer days. They even have a range of detox teas which combine green tea with herbs and fruits to promote health.
We hope to see you soon for a refreshing tea to end a delicious meal, or enjoyed with a piece of cake. But for now #stayathome and enjoy the health benefits of this wonderful drink from the comfort of your sofa.